Wednesday 6 January 2016

Methi Paratha





I was scrolling thru my blog page while i was showing to my friend. I realized how much my blog is filled with sweets and snacks with not much of any healthy posts recently. Its not that I don’t eat healthy.. simply I forget about the fact of clicking and posting about the everyday recipes. May be I should post more of these.
When my mother in-law bought these cute bunches of methi.. I thought what a beauty to capture.. so clicked few pics. I usually don’t click pics of ingredients.. because of I am too lazy.



Now we shall move on to the very simple recipe.
Ingredients:
  • Whole wheat flour – 3 cups
  • Methi leaves chopped – 1 cup (you can alter the measurement as per ur taste)
  • Chili powder – 1 tsp
  • Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
  • Garam masala powder – ½ tsp (optional.. I dint use)
  • Curd + water for kneading
  • Ghee – there is no as such measurement for this. You can add while kneading and while cooking
  • Salt to taste.
Method:
Wash and remove the root and stem part of the methi. I dint completely chop of the stem, I used lil stem part too. Roughly chop it.
In atta kneader, add the wheat flour, chopped leaves, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt.
Add curd + water lil by little and make a smooth dough.


You can also add ghee while kneading.
Cover it and leave it aside for half an hour.
Then make either as rotis or fold multiple times and spread as parathas.
Either way it is fine.


Since we have already included spices, even plain curd can be used as side.
Perfect for lunch box, stays soft for long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...