This more kuzhambu (Yogurt Curry in English ?) is Sundari periamma special recipe. I always loved her cooking from childhood. After coming back from school, I never missed visiting her kitchen and nibble some of my favorites. She is expert in vatha kuzhambu, more kuzhambu, more kali, sevai.. the list goes on..
Above all this, her kitchen is always spic and span.
Here is her recipe for more kuzhambu.
· Diced white pumpkin – 1 cup
· Few curry leaves
· Thick Butter Milk – 3 cups + few spoons for grinding
· Grated coconut – 1 cup
· Green chilies – 6-8 (Depend on the vegetable and ur spice level)
· Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp (can even add lesser to get a mild color)
· Gram flour – 1.5 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Coconut oil – 1 tsbp (Adding more tastes better)
· Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
· Fenugreek seeds – around 10
· Red chili – 2 (tare roughly into pieces.)
Dice the white pumpkin, add little water and pressure cook in a small cooker for a whistle.
Meanwhile, grate the coconut.
Grind coconut + Green chilies into a smooth paste by adding little butter milk.
In a bowl, transfer the ground coconut paste and add 3 cups of butter milk. Add gram flour too and mix well without lumps.
When the pressure is released in the cooker, open the cooker and add turmeric powder and mix well. Switch on the stove.
When the mixture starts to become frothy, then switch off the stove. It should not be boiled, as the texture will be lost.
In a small seasoning pan, add coconut oil, after it is heated, add mustard seeds, let it crackle. Add fenugreek seeds and red chilies. Roast them well and switch off.
Transfer the seasoning to the more kuzhambu.
Serve hot with Rice.
· The butter milk should be thick. If you are using curd, then dilute with water and blend in blender and then use. This only decides the texture of the more kuzhambu.
· We have added the gram flour because we have used the white pumpkin which is a watery veggie. For other vegetables like ladies finger, this can be skipped.
· For vegetables which get cooked easily, pressure cooker can be avoided; just sauté the vegetable in oil till it gets cooked and then add the coconut butter milk mixture and follow the rest of the steps as it is.