Wednesday 1 July 2015

Beetroot Custard


I book marked Carrot custard recipe from Jofy’s blog long back. Last week I tried it. My daughter liked it very much that she finished eating before I took picture for the blog. I took the step recipes, so I thought I will make again and take final pictures. For a change I wanted to try with beetroot instead of carrot as my daughter is not very fond of beetroot. At least she will eat then in dessert form. I liked the beetroot version much better than carrot, as the beetroot has much sweetness in itself.

Following recipe can be adopted both for carrot and beetroot.

Ingredients:

·         Beetroot – 1 small size – Grated. (It was nearly one cup)

·         Ghee – 1 tbsp

·         Boiled and cold Milk – half litre + 2 tbsp

·         Custard powder – 1 tsp

·         Sugar – 4 tsp (Change according to ur taste)

·         Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp

Preparation:

Grate the beetroot and keep aside.

Boil the milk and allow it to cool.

Method:

In a thick bottom pan, heat the ghee.

Add the beetroot and sauté well, till it is half cooked.



Add the half litre milk and let it boil well so that beetroot is cooked well for about 5- 10 mins.


Add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.


In a small bowl, add custard powder and 2 tbsp of milk and mix well without any lumps. Add the custard milk mix to the beetroot milk mixture and let it get thicken in low flame for 5 mins with constant stirring.



Garnish with nuts. Refrigerate for 2 hrs and serve chilled.




Follow the similar steps for carrot custard too. Replace the grated beetroot with carrot. The color is much pleasant than this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...