Saturday 28 February 2015

Hot chocolate


My family loves hot chocolate. When I learnt how to make it, I made it regularly. After a while the craze was gone. I bought a big box of Cadbury cocoa powder, I kept thinking to make this one. Finally made it today.
I made this as a trial as I usually use chocolate chips for making hot chocolate. It was just the same as choco chips version.
Ingredients:
·         Milk - 2 cups (Full cream preferable)
·         Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
·         Sugar - 1 tbsp (U can increase based on ur taste)
·         Butter – 1 tsp
·         Corn flour – 1 tsp
Method:
Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Just melting should be fine.


Switch off the stove and add cocoa powder and sugar and mix well without any lumps.

Switch on the stove and add the milk and simmer it for 5 mins with occasional stirring.
Now add the corn flour. Mix it well without any lumps. This is just to make hot chocolate thicker. You can skip this if you don’t have stock. Boil the mixture for 5 mins. Hot chocolate is ready :).


Serve it hot with whipped cream or marshmallows like me or plain.

The marshmallows melts in the hot chocolate and its yumm…

My cocoa powder has vanilla in it. If you prefer you can add a drop of vanilla too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...