Monday 24 November 2014

Baby Corn Salad



After 2 months break, I was able to join back my gym. Surprised to see, I hadn’t gained any weight J. That has inspired me to make something to pack my healthy dinner. Eating right is equally important to any exercise.
Here is a simple salad I tossed within very less time I had.


Ingredients:
·         Baby corn – 5 (Cut into half and slit into 4. One corn will have 8 pieces)
·         Onion – 2 medium size or 1 Big
·         Capsicum – 1 small size
·         Ginger – 1tsp – finely chopped
·         Garlic - 1tsp – finely chopped
·         Green chili – 1 finely chopped
·         Soy sauce – 1 tsp
·         Red chili sauce – 1 tsp
·         Salt and pepper to taste
·         Little olive oil.

Method:
I have just put the pics of how to peel the baby corn easily from husk without creating big mess in the kitchen.
Just slit deep thru the husk with a knife and pull apart the husk and take out the baby corn inside with hands. Do not try to peel the skin layer by layer.




Cut the baby corn into 2 and slit it lengthwise into 4 pieces. By baby corn was bigger in size, so I further cut into 2 more slits. If yours is small, 2 is fine.
Cut one onion and Capsicum length wise.
Finely chop the other onion, chili, garlic, Ginger.
Now heat a wok, add little olive oil. Once it heats up, add the lengthwise cut onion. Don’t fry it too much. We want it to be crunchy.
Add chili, garlic and ginger.Add the soy sauce and chili sauce. Always use a spoon while adding soy sauce, don’t pour directly from the bottle. I once added from the bottle directly and poured more soy sauce and produced Manchurian which was horrible. Learn from mistakes.
Now add the baby corn and2 tbsp water and close the wok with a lid and cook for 4-5 mins.
Add the capsicum and give a sauté.Add salt and pepper to taste. Already we have chili, chili sauce, so add pepper carefully.
Garnish with finely chopped onions and pack it in lunch box.
Reheat them and eat at office. (This is my case)


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...