Friday 31 October 2014

Pazham Pori / Banana Fritters




This is a perfect kerala snack. Whenever I travel in train to kerala, I never miss pazham pori from railway stations.  They are so yumm. Since I liked it very much, my mom made this often, whenever we bought this nendram pazham.  

This is sweet version of bajji unlike the usual bajji we make. So kids will love it. So do my daughter.

Though my mom made this many times at home, I never asked the recipe. She is no more. I can’t ask her anymore L. But I thought of her every second while I made this one. Cooking is one way of connecting souls. Miss u ma.

I took the recipe from here.

Ingredients:

·         Ripe banana  (Nendram variety is the best for this one) – 2
·         Water
·         Oil – to deep fry.

Dry ingredients:
·         Maida / All-purpose flour – 1 cup
·         Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
·         Rice flour – 1 tbsp
·         Sugar – 1 tbsp
·         Salt to taste

Method:

Slit the banana lengthwise and again cut into 2 pieces. Actually, you can cut in whatever shape you want.


Take all the dry ingredients mentioned above, mix well. Add water little by little and mix it in bajji batter consistency. That is, it should not be too watery or too thick.
Heat the oil in a kadai.
Dip the cut banana in the batter and deep fry it in the oil in medium flame for 2-3 mins, till the coating is completely cooked. You can try 2-3 pieces at a time based on your oil kadai size.

Drain the excess oil in the pazham pori with tissue paper.             

Serve hot with nice masala tea.

I bet you will love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...