Tuesday 14 October 2014

Choco Apples

 
This is one simple dessert which can be prepared in very less time.
 

 
We had bought some fresh apples from Manali. I wouldn’t say it was very cheap, but I would swear it was very tasty. We went to a small village inside Manali and picked our apples from the big lot of apples.

In my daughter’s school, there is time table for bringing snacks for every Week. Monday is always fruits. So I thought I would make something different with apple and give her. Then thought of this Choco apples.

Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes

Ingrediants:

·         Apples – 2 cored and chopped
·         Honey / Sugar– 1 tbsp
·         Water – 3 tbsp
·         Choco chips – 2 tbsp

Method:

Peel, core and chop the apples in to bite sized cubes.

Heat a kadai, put honey and water. Use lower flame. Mix well. Once it boils, add the choco chips.  Cook it till apple is soft. You can serve it with chopped nuts.
When the choco chips melts, add the apple cubes and mix it well. Cover with the lid and let it cook for 5 mintues, with stirring in between. You can sprinkle little water if the mixture looks dry.










Serve chilled with chopped nuts.

There will be lot of chocolate sauce left in the kadai. I had put the peels of apples in that, gave it a mix and ate them too. 
Tips:

·         I used semi sweet dark chocolate chips. You can use any variety.
·         Instead of honey, you can use sugar too. If using sugar, add choco chips once sugar melts completely. 
·         I happily sent this for my daughter’s snacks box. But then she came with lot of chocolate strains in her white uniform. So think of this aspect when u pack this for snacks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...