Dark chocolate truffles are tempting easy dessert. This is guilt free dessert too. I make this quite often to feed my dark chocolate cravings. Sometimes I just eat even the dark chocolate chips as such. These dark choco chips are bought by my friend from UK. Thanks Jagee. When is your next onsite?
These are simple and easy desert and can be made in no time. Most of the ingredients for this will be available in pantry.
· Dark Chocolate chips – ¼ cup
· Oats + Corn flakes – 1 cup
· Biscuits - 2 (I used crackers, you can use any biscuits - Good day / Hide and seek will be good choices)
· Nuts /Dry fruits – 2 table spoons
· Butter – 1 tbsp
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 5 mins
Setting time : 15 - 30 mins
Chop the Nuts and dry fruits coarsely. Don’t chop it too fine.
Combine Oats + Cornflakes + biscuits, grind coarsely in mixer. You can also crumble them in hands.
Take butter and chocolate chips in a vessel. Melt them in double boiler method (Double boiler method is way in which we don’t heat the content directly, we use boiling water). Stir well until it completely melts. Now remove it from the heat.
Now add the oats corn flaxes mixture and dry fruits to the melted chocolate. Mix them well. Make it small round balls with your hand. It’s sticky but YumJ. If you are not able to make it into balls, add some more oats.
Now place it in freezer for a while to set.
· Sometimes you may need to alter the ratio of Cornflakes/Oats and Chocolate chips, since the consistency of the chocolate chips can differ.
· I used flavored oats and corn flakes. You can use plain also.
· Muesli can be used instead of Oats and corn flakes.
· You can melt some more chocolate, dip this truffle and freeze them. It will be heavenly.
· You can roll also them in some cocoa powder, to get a better texture out.